Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs chicken breast or thigh, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp dry ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- 10 cloves
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 stick cinnamon broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 2 Tbsp warm milk
- Wash and wipe chicken dry.
- Heat ghee and fry the chicken pieces over high heat till light brown.
Add ginger powder, cloves, chilli powder, cinnamon and fennel. Stir a few times and add 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till chicken is tender.
- Add the kesar and cook till all the extra liquid dries up. Serve hot.