Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Streusel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup California Walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crust. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate and trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Pour into crust. Bake 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and ginger. Gently sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.