Servings 1 cups
- 1 7- ounce jar roasted red peppers drained
- 2/3 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- toasted pita triangles as an accompaniment
- In a food processor blend together the peppers, the bread crumbs, the walnuts, the garlic, the lemon juice, the pomegranate molasses, the cumin, the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth and with the motor running add the oil gradually.
- Transfer the muhammara to a bowl and serve it at room temperature with the pita triangles.