- 2 medium carps can use another firm white-fleshed gutted and scaled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons freshly pureed whole tomatoes strained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Split the fish open at the backbone to expose the inside flesh of the fish.
Combine the turmeric, strained tomato puree, olive oil and salt. Using a basting brush, liberally baste the inside of the fish.
Using a fish wire basket, fit the fish to keep the fish flesh exposed.
Place fish on the barbecue, skin down, and cook for 7-9 minutes. Turn over to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Put on a platter; you should be able to easily remove the head and spine along with all the bones. Serve and enjoy.