- Kosher salt for serving
- 1/2 thick lime wheel for serving
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Place some salt on a small plate. Rub rim of an old-fashioned or rocks glass with lime (reserve for serving); dip in salt. Fill with ice and set aside.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
- Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into reserved glass. Garnish with lime wheel.