by Yichen from Philadelphia
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 14 oz Tofu
- Green Onions
- optional minced turkey or pork
- Doubanjiang Chinese spicy bean paste
- Soy sauce
- Chinese cooking wine
- Cooking oil
- Chop Green onions into thin slices
- Chop Tofu into small blocks
- Dice Garlic
- Heat up cooking oil in the pan, throw in the white parts of the green onion and the garlic.
- Wait until you can smell the onion and garlic. (usually only takes 5-10 seconds)
- Put in the meat and wait for them to brown. When they're about halfway brown, put in some cooking wine and soy sauce.
- When the meat is fully brown, put in the tofu blocks. Add however much doubanjiang you want at this point depending on how spicy you like your food (usually 1-2 teaspoon is enough). Also feel free to add more soy sauce to taste.
- Stir everything up and cook for about 2-4 minutes depending on how soupy you want the dish to be. Serve over rice or by itself.