Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt more to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth, soy sauce, and ground ginger to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir into the boiling broth until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Slowly drizzle the eggs into the soup while gently stirring in a circle in the same direction.
- Remove from heat and add the salt, sesame oil (if using), and green onions. Add more salt to taste and serve.
Sesame oil is not absolutely necessary but gives the soup a really nice flavor.