Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil parsley, pomegranate for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F degrees.
- Wrap eggplant in aluminum foil and roast for 45-60 minutes until the eggplant is soft when poked with a fork or knife. Unwrap the eggplant and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- When the eggplant is cool to the touch, cut off the top and peel off the skin. Discard the skin, keeping only the flesh of the eggplant.
- Place the flesh of the eggplant in a food processor or blender. Add the lemon juice, tahini, garlic cloves and salt. Blend for 1 minute until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Alternatively, you can blend the lemon juice, tahini and garlic first, and then add the eggplant. Either way works.
- Garnish with parsley and olive oil, if desired. Enjoy with pita bread, crudité or crackers.